This part one of two “what I’ve learned” pieces this week.
What have I learned this week? It is all over the place. Part of it is about personal recognizance, like looking in the mirror and saying “Oh. I’m a grown-up. Time to act like one.”
1. It doesn’t matter how old you are, you still have an inner brat. We all do and your inner brat will rear her ugly head when you least expect it. Most often you will be overwhelmed and need time to decompress.
2. Dust bunnies are a fact of life. When you build a home and have construction dust settling, they become mutant dust bunnies who run from your Swiffer singing “nani nani boo boo.” Don’t believe me? Come Swiffer my floors every day for the next week.
3. I don’t like clutter. I used to think “oh, it’s okay to leave that stack of papers sitting until I have time to go through them.” Those stacks grow and continue growing while you ignore them and one day, you’ll find yourself crying over a shredder. Don’t be the person who cries over your shredder.
4. My to-do list will never end. Never. Ever. But I will keep making my list and marking things off of it. I even add things to my list I have done that was not on the list, just so I can mark them off. I need those gold stars of accomplishment and it has to be visual. Gretchen Rubin would love knowing she is not alone.
5. Read your service contracts. Make sure said service providers aren’t ignoring your service contract and over charging for you items. Sure the resulting little windfall will be nice, but the headache you will have during the process is immense.
That’s my “What I’ve Learned” for this week. What did you learn?