What have I learned this week? Oodles. I’ve also dredged up some goodies from the past. All things I’ve learned. All relevant. All here.
1. I’ll never be skinny. Let’s face it, I won’t. I’m built like a short, blonde, bodacious linebacker. My dad probably secretly weeps every time he sees these shoulders knowing I’m not out dropping the competition on a football field.
With that revelation, I do know I can be healthy. And I’d much rather be healthy than fit some Hollywood ideal of what other people say I should choose to be. When it comes down to it, I choose to be me. And I certainly hope you will choose to be you. Because you’re beautiful. All of you.
2. Keeping up with the Joneses is not sustainable. It’s also pretty stupid. Life isn’t about things. It’s about experiences. The laughter. The tears. The meltdowns in the freezer section of the grocery store when you realize they’ve stopping carrying Ben & Jerry’s Banana Fro-yo with Peanut Butter. Wait, is that just me?
Seriously, though. Enjoy life. Don’t worry about what others are doing. While I realize this is easier said than done, it’s a sanity saver. And believe me, it’s a lot easier not being referred to as the family eccentric.
3. I’m never going to marry John Taylor from Duran Duran. Please excuse me as I go fetal for a few moments, while painfully clutching Duran Duran buttons from my old acid-washed jean jacket.
4. Read. Then read some more. And then read even more. And when you think you’re done, pick up something else and keep reading. But not when you’re driving, because then I’m going to yell at you for distracted driving.
5. If you’re the only car in a parking lot, someone will inevitably park beside you. I’m looking at you SUV driver pulling up way too close to my stylin’ family hoopty when there are 80 million other parking spaces.
I’ve learned a lot this week and inhaled a lot of Sharpie as I scribbled all of these and more down in my handy-dandy notebook. (Frightening Blues Clues flashback there.) In fact, I’ve scribbled so much, I’m going to need a new notebook. Except this one in from Microsoft and I love it so hard. Wonder if they’d send a new one?
I’d love to know what you’ve learned this week.